Why you should hit 26.2 miles
There are lots of benefits to digging out your trainers and going for a jog, walk or run. Here’s our top 5:
- Burn calories - Jogging, walking or running regularly can help you maintain a healthy weight, by burning calories and helping you tone and strengthen your muscles.
- There are so many other health benefits - Staying active can also help to reduce stress, lower your blood pressure, and can even give you an energy boost. Adding more activity to your daily routine can help improve sleep too. It's a win-win, if you ask us.
- Discover new places - You see so much more when you get out and jog, walk or run, compared to when you drive past places in a car. You might discover some hidden gems in your local area - what are you waiting for?
- Running socials - Running doesn't have to be taken on alone. Challenge friends and family for some healthy competition to keep you motivated. Our Facebook group can help connect you with other runners too!
- Help us beat prostate cancer - The money you raise taking part in our Run the Month: Marathon Edition challenge will help fund lifesaving research and support services for men and their families affected by prostate cancer.